Below you will find a list of volunteer opportunities and things we are currently in need of at the Garden. Please prayerfully consider how you may help with these items. If you would like to volunteer in any of these areas, or if you have other skills or interests that might benefit The Garden, please contact us.
During the day, we provide an opportunity for shelter residents and the working poor to come and earn what they need. Day outreach takes place Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00am to 2:00pm. We are looking for committed volunteers who can serve once a week in one of the areas listed below.
- Kitchen- filling food boxes, helping with meal preparation, helping to maintain a clean kitchen
- Office- light data entry, answering phones, other clerical tasks
- Inventory- sorting and moving clothing, picking up and delivering furniture
- Worth Shop- light data entry, teach a skill or craft to residents
Our shelter is open every night of the year as a resource for individuals in our community who are experiencing homelessness.
- Meal Help- get a group together and prepare dinner or breakfast for residents (monthly commitment)
- Overnight Help- stay overnight at our shelter to maintain order in the building. Includes dinner, breakfast and a bed to sleep in. Overnight RAs can be one man, a team of two men, or a married couple (monthly commitment from 7:00pm-7:00am).
- Check-In Volunteers- light data entry (weekly commitment from 5:00pm-7:00pm)
- Find out more.
Neighbor Connect Partners
- Service Needs (volunteer for our database to help with a variety of needs in the community: moving, running errands, etc.)
- House repair
- Automobile repair
- If you have a skill, we probably can use it!
- Beds (mattresses and frames), Couches, Chairs, Dining Sets, Dressers
- Dishes, Pots, Pans, Towels, Usable household items (dishes, linens, etc.)
- Baby items (cribs, bassinets, swings, walkers, car seats, etc.)
- Backpacks, Blankets, Hygiene Supplies
- Clothing and Shoes of All Types and Sizes
- Food for our fridge and pantry (dairy, meat, fruits, vegetables, canned goods, frozen meals)
- Would you be willing to hit the rummage sales for us? (See items listed above)
- We welcome any donation that might help someone.
Other Opportunities to Help at The Garden
- Be a Mentor
- Employ a Resident
- Group Projects
- Be a church rep for a better church connection.
- Open doors for us to come and speak with your church family.
- Teams to do home visits (evangelism) as part of our Rescue Team.
- Support The Garden Financially
- Become a Rescue Runner, a volunteer driver who helps with as needed transportation and donation pick-up.